The NET METERING project proposes the replacement of inefficient street lighting systems with energy efficient led lighting (achieving biodiversity friendly modification of existing fixtures in sensitive areas) and the substitution of grid electricity by Renewable Energy Sources (RES) systems.
The project’s overall objective is the promotion of RES and energy efficiency in public infrastructure.
The promotion of solar electrical energy for self-consumption and energy efficiency increase in public buildings and infrastructure..
The project aims, among other things:
- The promotion of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) and Energy Efficiency in public infrastructure
- The promotion of solar electrical energy for self-consumption and energy efficiency increase in public buildings and infrastructure
- The achievement of light pollution mitigation enhancing the protection of fauna and flora in the ecologically sensitive area of Prespes area
- The enhancement of the cross-border cooperation in the Energy Sector
- The transfer of technical and legislative know-how concerning the RES power stations
The increased cost of electricity creates an economically prosperous environment for RES stations. It is of great interest the fact that the applications chosen for the project (pumping stations and lighting) are common in all countries. Until now, such integration of RES stations has not been applied and therefore the successful outcome of this project will act as a pioneer.
In Albanian part,the project will ensure electricity in public infrastructure roads.
When the project was implemented, considerably amount of knowledge is transferred from Greece to Albania, in order that Albania country to be most prepared and to adapt faster and with success the NET METERING scheme in the national legislation.
Photos of the LED Lighting in the city of Erseka.